- Estate Planning
- Probate & Trust Administration
- Elder Law
- Real Estate
While no one wants to face their own mortality, estate planning is necessary to protect your assets and turn your wishes and goals into enforceable legal arrangements. From simple wills to complex trusts, the firm provides estate planning services to protect your assets and provide for an economical and orderly distribution to your intended beneficiaries.
An Experienced Kent Estate Planning Attorney and Renton Wills Lawyer
At the Law Offices of Dan Kellogg, the practice of estate planning encompasses young families, couples in second marriages, single persons and seniors. It includes the following areas:
- Wills – You may need a Last Will and Testament to provide clear instructions for the ultimate distribution of your assets following your death, including the designation of a personal representative or executor, and a guardian for any minor children.
- Powers of Attorney – If you are unable to make vital financial and health care decisions, you need to delegate that important responsibility to someone you trust.
- Community Property Agreements -Distribution of all assets to the surviving spouse with a Community Property Agreement can help avoid probate proceedings. While not for everyone, attorney Dan Kellogg will identify your needs related to this strategy.
- Estate Tax Planning – While each person will have an exemption of $2.0 million from the state of Washington Estate Tax, you still need careful planning from an experienced attorney to minimize the potential state and federal estate tax liability (up to 50 percent) and maximize the distribution of assets for your loved ones.
- Trusts – Depending on your goals, you may need a Revocable Living Trust or Special Needs Trust. A trust can help you provide for minor or disabled children or shield your heirs from a substantial estate tax liability.
- Health Care Directives – If you are terminally ill or permanently unconscious, a Health Care Directive will express your desire to avoid unnecessary artificial life support to prolong your life.
Contact the Law Firm
For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced Renton wills and trusts lawyer, please contact the Law Offices of Dan Kellogg.